David Schwartz is active in a wide variety of national and local charities, community organizations, and bar associations, including the American Heart Association, the Brooklyn Bar Association (vice chair of the Criminal Courts Committee and Criminal Justice Committee), the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Criminal Bar Association, Southern Poverty Law Center, the New York State Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Schwartz is admitted and appears in the United States District Court of New York, Eastern and Southern Districts, United States Tax Court, New York State Supreme Court, New York City Criminal and Civil Court. Mr. Schwartz has argued appeals in the New York State Appellate Division, First and Second Departments. Furthermore, he has appeared Pro Hoc Vice in the United States District Court of New Jersey.
Active in his profession and community, Mr. Schwartz is a member of:
- Commissioner to the Commission on Judicial Nomination
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Brooklyn bar Association
- Board Member on the Javits Convention Center Operating Corporation
- The American Bar Association
- The New York State Bar Association
- The Kings County Bar Association; Mr. Schwartz has served as Vice-Chairman to the Criminal Courts Committee and Criminal
- Justice Committee.
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Criminal Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- New York County Lawyer Association, Criminal Division
- Senate Club
- District Attorney Alumni Association
- Long Island Association
- Government Affairs Professionals
- Touro Law School Alumni Association
- Tulane University Alumni Association